This tool provides translators a mechanism to collaboratively translate the ICD content.
This involves translation of ICD titles, definitions, synonyms and narrower terms. Since inclusions and ICD Index are a subset
of the above, they are covered as well.
The very basic functionality of the tool can be summarized as follows:
- Provides the ICD information in its context. Title, Definition, Synonyms as well as the location in
hierarchy are visible in one page
- Allows the translator to make the translation directly in the tool while reading the original.
- If there is an existing translation, the user could approve it he/she has the necessary rights.
- Commenting on individual translations
Stages of a Translation and Translator Types
The tool support different types of translators with different levels of access. There may be multiple people assigned to any of these roles.
- Reference Translator: This role is given to the translators who will have the final say on the translations in a given language.
They will be able to change other translator's input and without their approval translations will not be regarded as final.
- General Translator: This role is given to the translators who will be able to provide translations at Stage-1.
They will be able to change Public Translators' input as well as other General Translators'.
Translations go through different stages
- Stage 1: This is the default stage if a translation is entered by a General Translator. Both
General and Reference Translators can update these translations
- Stage 2: This is the default stage if a translation is entered by a Reference Translator. Any translation approved by the
Reference Translator also becomes Stage2.
In addition, any translation that comes directly from ICD-10 are put at this stage. Stage-2 translations can only be edited by Reference Translators.
- Stage 3: This is the stage for a translation after a second reference translator approves the translation.
This is an optional stage which provides additional quality assurance in the translations.
The tool will guide the user with the principles listed above so that they will only see the functions they can perform.
Translation Home Page
This is the entry page for the translations. You may find some basic completion statistics here.
You may change the hierarchy display language and the searching language from this page.
By default, these are set to English but they can be changed to the translation language. If done so, the hierarchy
on the left will display the ICD titles in the translated language and both search and advanced search will search the text in
the translated language.